Listed below are some of the benefits NADONA provides to our members and the long-term care profession.
The National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration/Long Term Care Academy of Fellows is established to serve as a forum for educational guidance and provision. Nurse Leaders and Nurse Executives in the long term care continuum, who have achieved certification prior to the establishment of this Academy, may be inducted into the Academy. As Fellows in the Academy of Fellows, the title, FACDONA (Fellow of the Academy of Certified Directors of Nursing Administration) may be used following their credentials. To obtain fellowship, the following criteria must be met:
PROFESSIONAL NURSING CERTIFICATION EXAMS
We have several certifications available and encourage our members to become certified in their fields of expertise.
Certified Director of Nursing Administration/LTC Exam
Certified Licensed Practical Nurse in LTC Exam
Certified Assisted Living Nurse Prep Course and Exam
Diabetic Learning Modules and Certified Diabetic Exam
Geriatric Diabetic Professional Certification Exam
IP-BC – Infection Prevention Board Certified Certification Exam
AS-BC – Antibiotic Stewardship-Board Certified Certification Exam
Visit NADONA at https://www.nadona.org/exams/ for details!
Discount on all exams for Corporate Members
Why Attend This Year’s Annual Conference?
Long-term and Post-Acute care are continuously changing. New regulations and guidelines are being implemented in facilities across the country.
Keeping educated and on top of these are a constant challenge for DONs and Nurse Leaders. Communicating with staff and families remains a challenge, and in light of the recent changes, even more important than ever!
The National Conference will provide you with updates on these and other important trends that are, or will be, affecting you, your facilities, and your residents. We will provide ideas on how to relax, take time for yourself and refill your cup. After all, if your cup runs dry, how are you able to assist anyone?
Reasons to Attend
- 4 days of education focusing on current issues of greatest importance to your residents and facilities, including compliance, clinical practice, reimbursement, leadership, clinical operations and human resources.
- Over 20 hours of nursing continuing education education credits and administrator continuing education credits.
- Discussion of survey management investigations dealing with new reimbursement system, while retaining staff and being ethical are several topics to be covered.
- Networking with key personnel within your state and across the US.
- Exhibits and product theaters that will highlight new and innovative products and services that can be used throughout your facility.
- Enjoy the opening night reception on Sunday sponsored by NADONA and cheer on your colleagues at the awards banquet Tuesday afternoon. Both are included in your registration fee.
- Meet new friends and regenerate and refresh old friendships.
Assisted Living Nurse Certification Prep Course
Pre-Conference Saturday, June 25
This live educational activity will assist nurses, experienced or new in the Assisted Living nurse role, to become familiar with the potential medical conditions of the clients within the Al setting. It will review areas such as HR, incidents & accidents, regulations, medications, skin conditions and many more.
Attendees will be able to sit for the certification exam for Assisted Living (CALN) at the conclusion of the course in New Orleans. You will be required to bring a laptop to conference if you want to access the exam online. Paper exam will be available.
Circle of Excellence Award Application
Click here to download the Circle of Excellence Award Application.
Facility DON/ADON must be an active member of NADONA. Zero (0) facilty deficiencies from state or federal survey OR proof of employment at the same facility/community as a Director of Nursing or equivalent for at least 10 years. Evidence must be submitted at time of application.
Stephanie Carroll Scholarship Application
The 2022-2023 Stephanie Carroll Scholarship Application can be accessed by clicking here. The deadline date for submission is April 15, 2022. The scholarship criteria is included on the application.
Surveyor Template Letter
Click here to download a template letter you can use to alert your surveyor that you will be at the 2022 NADONA Conference on June 25-29, 2022.
Nursing Students! Volunteer your time and get free registration!
Free registration does not include travel and hotel accommodations. If you are interested in volunteering your time to attend conference, please reach out to the NADONA office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXCLUSIVE TO MEMBERS ONLY
“Like” us on Facebook
Join our Linked-In Exclusive Group
NURSES LOUNGE – exclusive to NADONA members to interact and exchange ideas, policies and stay apprised of the latest State Chapter updates
”Members Access” to receive NADONA discounts on policies, manuals, procedures, etc.
Lifetime Membership for qualified retired NADONA members
The Director – NADONA’s quarterly official journal with CE supplements, conference proceedings and conferences are just some of the many educational tools you’ll receive from NADONA/LTC. In addition, professional materials, such as Standards of Practice for Directors of Nursing in LTC, Director of Nursing Field Guide, LPN Field Guide, networking, policies & procedure manuals, e-newsletter and our mentor program.
Must be a member to view our The Director online!
Click here to sign up for free subscriptions to McKnight’s Long-Term Care News e-newsletters
Click here to sign up for McKnight’s Long-Term Care News print edition
ASCP Insider e-newsletter – quarterly
Provider – American Health Care Association’s magazine for LTC professionals – go to www.providermagazine.com and register
A new educational partnership between NADONA and Chamberlain College of Nursing providing you the opportunity to advance your credentials at a group-specific tuition rate, a 10 percent tuition savings, for online nursing degree programs and options, including:
- RN to BSN Degree Completion Option
- RN-BSN to MSN Option
- Master of Science in Nursing Degree Program (including FNP)
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree Program
Chamberlain local Healthcare Development Specialists will be reaching out to introduce themselves to you. In the meantime, you can receive more information about the degree programs and options available and all the new educational partnership benefits at www.chamberlain.edu/nadona.
- 10 percent tuition savings for all current and new students
- Waived application fee
- Complimentary transcript request service
- Complimentary official transcript evaluation
- Dedicated admission team to provide personal assistance throughout your admission process
- Chamberlain College of Nursing has been providing excellence in nursing education for more than 125 years
- The BSN,MSN and DNP degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing (CCNE) One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202.887.6791
- The RN to BSNoption can be completed in as few as 3 semesters
- MSN practicums can be completed locally or on-site (conditions apply)
Online On Your Time
- You’ll have 24 hour access to:
o Library and associated databases
o Complimentary tutoring assistance
o Academic support designed for online students
For questions please contact:
Rachel Musson, MPH
Senior Healthcare Development Specialist
Chamberlain College of Nursing
3005 Highland Parkway
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: 734.330.5949 cell