Amanda Kistler RN, CDONA, FACDONA,GDCN,CDP, CADDCT, CIC, CALN, IP-BC
1625 Cherry Blossom Ln #102
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
Team member to help develop and open the HealthReach Community Clinic in Mooresville, NC. Participated on task forces and panels to promote quality healthcare for targeted populations including the aging, HIV/AIDS, and the uninsured. In addition, I participated with the MCC A.D.N. program, and the recruitment retention of Healthcare workers project. I was chosen as Nurse Administrator of the Year for the South Eastern United States through NADONA in July of 2011 and chosen as the National Nurse Administrator of the year in June of 2013 through NADONA.
North Carolina Chapter NADONA Executive Director
NADONA-National Association Director of Nursing Administration/LTC President
Forsyth Technical Community College Chair, Nursing Advisory Board
Forsyth County Board of Health RN Member
2303 Renaissance Way NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Senior Medical Science Liaison
Medical Science Liaison
Professional Disposables International, Inc.
2008 to present
• Provide clinical education for field sales team and disseminate scientific, clinical and pertinent research
information regarding infection prevention and patient safety.
• Perform in-service and continuing education courses to customers and provide scientific, technical, and clinical
education associated with PDI products.
• Participate in assessment process to assist customers in selection of appropriate products to fit their needs and
• Create/develops clinical, medical and scientific advocates though thought leader recruitment and development.
• Work closely with customer facilities to facilitate white papers and/or clinical research studies to benefit
Infection Control Practitioner
Penrose St. FranciHealth Care Services, Colorado Springs, CO
2003 – 2008
Reduced device associated infections by 80% and improved healthcare worker flu vaccination rate to 84%.
• Member of Patient Safety, Clinical Excellence, Environment of Care, Value Analysis, Process Improvement and
Infection Control Committees.
• Managed Infection Control Program including:
o Obtain and manage critical data and information, including collection and analysis of infection
o Develop, recommend and review policies and procedures based on best practice evidence to
comply with regulatory and licensing agencies to reduce infection risks and improve patient
o Directly intervene to prevent infections by conducting infection risk assessments and implementing
prevention and control strategies.
o Educate and train health care workers, patients, and non-medical caregivers about principles of
infection prevention and The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals.
o Evaluate products and participate in process improvement projects.
o Supervision of data abstraction staff.
Adjunct Clinical Faculty
Pikes Peak Community College, Colorado Springs, CO
2003 to 2008
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, Co
2007 to 2008
• Adjunct faculty responsible for providing varying educational experiences utilizing techniques customized for each student to facilitate mastery of course objectives in clinical setting.
Colorado Springs Health Partners, PC, Colorado Springs, CO
1999 – 2003
• Conduct audits to verify accuracy of payments, claims processing, compliance with contract and adjudication terms, policies and procedures.
• Provide data management and analysis in support of managed care and other contracts.
• Devise data survey collection, research techniques, data interpretation and analysis methodology to use for contract negotiation.
• Devised a monitoring system that resulted in a 50k savings on a stop-loss contract.
Medical Policy Analyst
Foundation Health Systems, Inc., Pueblo, CO
• Responsible for data collection, research, literature searches (safety and efficacy), analysis, development and dissemination of both clinical and operational policies within Medical Management for all FHS affiliate plans.
• Coordinate corporate–wide collection of existing policies, and interpretation of all FHS affiliate benefit languages, for contract negotiations and actuarial studies.
Infection Control Practitioner
Scottish Rite Children’s Medial Center, Atlanta, GA
• Responsible for database management, data integrity, and accuracy of NNIS database.
• Developed and implemented an on-line search of isolation precautions for the hospital Intranet.
• Responsible for infection control training and in-service programs for various internal and external departments and organizations.
• Responsible for policy and procedure development and product selection specific to infection control and regulatory compliance
Supervisor Data Abstraction
Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL
1993 – 1996
• Database Administrator for a 200,000 + medical record comparative database.
• Supervised an 11-member data acquisition team.
• Responsible for data integrity and report generation for data used by multidisciplinary quality improvement teams.
• Responsible for analysis of surveillance data to identify epidemiological variation and design appropriate interventions.
• Developed and implemented a computerized report of aggregate surgical data reducing the need for individual chart review by 70 %.
Infection Control Practitioner
Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL
1990 – 1993
• Responsible for Infection Control monitoring, surveillance, and education for a 1,400 bed, multi-campus acute care system.
• Responsible for compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, and HRS regulations.
• Responsible for NNIS database maintenance and reports.
• Designed surveillance tools utilizing several computer- based surveillance systems.Designed a system for capturing post-discharge surveillance information.
• Provided education programs on AIDS, Body Substance Isolation, OSHA compliance, TB and multidrug-resistant organisms to various internal and external departments and organizations.
• Provided consultation/education service for compliance with Bloodborne Pathogen Rule to various outpatient providers.
Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse
Waterman Medical Center, Eustis, FL
1988 – 1990
• Managed Infection Control and Employee Health programs for a 156 bed, 700 + employee acute care facility.
• Responsible for department budget and evaluation.
• Established and implemented Body Substance Isolation policy, outcome focus surveillance system, Alternative Duty Program and a screening and immunization program for Measles and Hepatitis B.
Health Education/Staff Development Nurse
Waterman Medical Center, Eustis, FL
1986 – 1988
• Developed and implemented and Employee Health program.
• Responsible for mandatory education, nursing staff development and community health education programs.
Critical Care Nurse
1979 – 1986
• Staff and charge positions in Critical Care including ICU, CCU, and Emergency Trauma.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND INVOLVEMENT
Member of the Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC) Test Review Committee since 2014
Member of the National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care Infection Prevention and Control Test Committee since 2015
Member of the Association for Practitioners in Infection Control and Epidemiology since 1990
• Member Greater Atlanta Chapter since 2009
• Member 2011 Greater Atlanta Chapter Education Committee
• Member 2009 Mile High Annual Fall Conference planning committee
• 2008 President Elect Mile High Chapter 22
• Member 2007 Mile High Annual Fall Conference planning committee
• 2006, provided written comments for Senate debate to Senator McCluskey regarding HB-1045 (Mandatory Reporting), Colorado House of Representatives
• Attendee at national conference: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993
• Central Florida Chapter President 1996
• Member 1993 APIC Annual Conference and Meeting planning committee
Member of the Ecolab Scientific Advisory Board (2007- 2008)
Peer Reviewer for the Journal of Nursing Management, since 2008
Member Infusion Nurses Society (INS), since 2008
Member Association for Vascular Access (AVA), since 2008
Member of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), since 2004
Member American Association for Long Term Care Nursing (AALTCN), since 2010
Member Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE), since 2012
Member Professional Disposables International (PDI) Employee Wellness Committee 2009 & 2010
Member National Association Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care (NADONA/LTC), 2014
Certification Board of Infection Control, CIC, Since 1992
Vascular Access Board Certified, VA-BC, Since 2013
Infection Prevention Board Certified, IP-BC, Since 2016
Certified ServeSafe Instructor, Since 2013
TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer, Since 2013
Director of Nursing in Long Term Care Certification Program DON-CLTC™, Since 2012
Vascular Access Certification Corporation Industry Partner, Since 2013
Certified Director of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care (CDONA), Since 2015
Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP), Since 2015
Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer (CDDCT) #52700, Since 2015
Six Sigma Green Belt – Centura Health, Englewood, CO, Since 2008
* Patient Safety * Development and Implementation of class curriculum
* Statistics, Data Analysis & Process Control * Strong Communication Skills
* Infection Prevention * Works Well With Diverse Populations
* Process Improvement * Use of various media including online teaching platforms
* Creative Problem Solver * Ability to Manage Multiple Activities Simultaneously
Education: Bob Jones University / Bachelors of Science / Public Relations/Business Major / 1995
Clay Bullard is the founder and CEO of PGx Medical. He has spent over 20 years in healthcare in a variety of roles. Clay’s introduction to the science of pharmacogenetics came as a result of a family health crisis where he learned the significance of avoiding “trial and error” versus aligning medications with personal DNA. He has been instrumental in the development of an innovative process that impacts quality, adds value, and enhances the customer experience by addressing clinical concerns such as falls, dementia, sleep, pain, medication management and overall staff efficiency. Clay is a national speaker and recognized expert on pharmacogenetics in the field of aging services.
Cynthia R Fronning RNC, CDONA, RAC-CT
21049 County Highway 110
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Over 30 years of experience in long-term including 8 years as a Clinical Consultant specializing in clinical reimbursement and leading a team of Reimbursement Specialists, over 9 years as a Director of Nursing, and 5 years as an Assistant Director of Clinical Services for a large non-for-profit organization in which she was responsible for oversight of several facilities.
Cindy’s experience includes education of nursing home personnel, mentoring of nurses and Directors of Nursing, clinical systems and form development, department restructuring, and mock surveys. She has extensive experience in Medicare, MDS/RAI process, (AANAC certified ), care planning, implementation of systems as well as a comprehensive understanding of State and Federal regulations. Cindy has achieved successful results as a clinical consultant in all aspects of clinical operations, as well as regulatory compliance.
Currently Cindy works with Clinical Reimbursement for Welcov Healthcare. Her role includes monitoring 21 facilities for their case mix and Medicare utilization as well as their MDS process. The focus is on reimbursement and continued compliance with all state and federal rules regarding these systems.
Danielle Micale, MHA, LNHA, CTRS, CDP, CADDCT, CDCM
Training and Consultation Specialist with Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care’s Research and Training Institute & the COPSA Institute for Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders, including a focus on older adults, long term care, mental health and Alzheimer’s and dementia. Danielle also serves as the Vice President of Corporate Training for the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners. Since 1995, she has worked in brain trauma, assisted living, Alzheimer’s/dementia care, adult day care, case management, mental health and nursing home administration. Danielle received her BA degree in recreational therapy and psychology and her MS degree in health care administration. She is a licensed nursing home administrator, a certified therapeutic recreation specialist, a certified dementia practitioner, a certified dementia case manager and a nationally certified Alzheimer’s disease and dementia trainer. Danielle is the past recipient of the Garden State Woman of Year Award for her commitment to community involvement as well as the Circle of Honor Advocacy Award from the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater New Jersey Chapter.
Deb Hagerty DNP, NHA, LBSW, CDP, CDONA, FACDONA
Director of Nursing for 35 years and currently Assistant Professor of Nursing at Armstrong State University. Adjunct faculty at Boise State University. The State of Georgia president of NADONA. International and national speaker about Geriatrics, Nursing and a variety of Leadership areas. Research focus Geriatrics and Long-term care. Published in numerous journals both national and international. Winner of the Nightingale Award for Long-term Care and Rehabilitation Nursing in the state of Michigan. Graduated from the University of Michigan with a BS in Zoology and Sociology; Case Western Reserve with a BSN and MSN and a Doctorate, DNP, from Oakland University.
Denise Eilers, RN, BSN
A resident of Davenport, IA, is on the Board of Directors of Home Dialyzors United and is also a member of KHI’s Patient and Family Partnership Council, NKF’s Kidney Living Editorial Advisory Board, ANNA and the steering committee of the Network 5 Coalition for Supportive Care. She was also the home hemodialysis care partner for her late husband Jerry for 25 years and has presented numerous talks nationwide on the care partner perspective. Denise’s nursing background is in geriatrics and long term care administration. Presently, she is an adjunct at Black Hawk College in Moline, IL, and teaches beginning nursing students in the metro Quad Cities.
Donna Z. Bliss, PhD, RN, FGSA, FAAN
Dr. Donna Bliss is a Professor at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing in Minneapolis, MN., and holds a Professorship in Nursing Research there. She is also a Horace T. Morse-Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher. Dr. Bliss’ research focuses on assessing, preventing, and managing incontinence and incontinence associated skin damage. She has 25 years of research experience funded by NIH, foundation, and corporate grants and more than 90 publications on these topics. She has presented at numerous national and international conferences. Professor Bliss is the Chairperson of the Nursing Committee of the International Continence Society. She served as the Director of Center for Clinical Investigation of the Wound Ostomy Continence Society for 10 years.
Elizabeth Brunner RN, BS, NHA,FACDONA
611 Veterans Avenue
West Bend, Wisconsin 53090
In the past forty years, I not only provided clinical care and services to seniors in the nursing home and assisted living centers, I took what I learned and applied my expertise to become a leader and mentor for staff and colleagues who serve those needing Post- Acute, Rehabilitation and Extended Care Services.
Service to the Community:
Make –A- Wish Foundation
Past President and Twelve Year Board Member
Cardinal Stritch University
Past President of my class, alumni board member for one year
Alumni of the Year 1996 for Community Service
Wisconsin Director of Nursing Council
Founding member, board member 10 years and President for four years
Wisconsin Health Care Association
Board member four years
Fund Raiser Wisconsin and Volunteer Special Olympics 25 years
Golf for Wolfe and a Cure – Committee member 15 years raising $800,000 brain cancer research
Nationally recognized speaker on long term care and senior services
National trainer for Director of Nursing – NADONA
I have spoken at the conventions for the following organizations addressing topics of Leadership- Regulatory Compliance- Incident and Accident Prevention- Role of the Director of Nursing and Redesign of Administration in Long Term Care between 2006 and 2011.
American Health Care National Conventions in Hawaii, Boston and Florida
NADONA National Convention in Nashville, Las Vegas, Florida
NADONA Chapter Conventions in Michigan, New York, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois
Wisconsin Health Care Association
Wisconsin Leading Age
Wisconsin Assisted Living Association
Michigan Health Care Association
Care Providers of Minnesota
Illinois Health Care Providers
Ohio Health Care Providers
Executive Director, Business Development – Nursing Care Center Services
Director, Business Development Training
Division of Business Development, Government and External Relations
Gina Zimmermann is the executive director for Business Development – Nursing Care Center Services. In this role, she oversees the strategic direction and performance of the Nursing Care Center Accreditation Program. In addition, she serves as director, Business Development Training, responsible for facilitating business development staff training across Joint Commission strategic business units.
Prior to becoming the executive director, Ms. Zimmermann held several positions within The Joint Commission. Most recently, she was senior executive director for Business Development. In this role, she provided oversight for business development efforts, and the development and implementation of all marketing and sales strategies for The Joint Commission’s accreditation and certification programs.
Ms. Zimmermann also served as the associate director of Network Accreditation Services, as well as assistant project manager, and was responsible for the development and implementation of information systems and operational procedures to support the newly created network accreditation program. In addition, she has served as director of the Organization Liaison Unit and as project associate on the Accreditation Process Team. This team was charged with developing the operational component of the new survey planning function of the accreditation process, as well as operationalizing other aspects of the Agenda for Change.
Before joining The Joint Commission, Ms. Zimmermann was an administrative manager for the HMO Broker Program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s Institute of Psychiatry in Chicago where her responsibilities included coordinating and managing mental health benefits and services provided to HMO subscribers.
Ms. Zimmermann earned her bachelor’s degree in Biology from Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX. In addition, she earned her master’s degree in Management of Public Services with an emphasis in Health Care Administration from DePaul University, Chicago, IL.
Dr. J. Hudson Garrett Jr. PhD, MSN, MPH, FNP, CSRN, VA-BC™, DON-CLTC™, DON-CLTC, GDCN, PLNC, CDONA, IP-BC, FACDONA, FAAPM
2870 Peachtree Rd NW #915-9165
Atlanta, GA 30305
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
Infection Prevention and Control, Public Health, Epidemiology, Patient Safety, Vascular Access, Infectious
Diseases, Long Term Care Nursing, Professional Board of Directors Development, Strategic Planning, Medical
Publications, Clinical Research, Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Medicine, Sterilization and Disinfection,
Hand Hygiene, Skin Antisepsis, Medical Science Liaison, Clinical Affairs, Medical Affairs, Clinical Regulatory
Affairs, Medical Device Hygiene, Certification, Board Certification, Food Safety and Outbreaks
Above and Beyond Award, National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care-2016.
Honorary Lifetime Member Award, National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care-2016.
Impact Award Nominee, Association for Vascular Access-2016.
Fellow in the Academy of National Directors of Nursing Administration (FACDONA)-2015
Fellow in the American Academy of Project Management (FAAPM)-2015
Inductee, Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society-2015
Inductee-Nursing Leader, Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing-2015
Association for Vascular Access Suzanne Herbst Vascular Access Award Nominee-2015
Worldwide Who’s who Registry of Executives, Professionals, and Entrepreneurs VIP-2014
Who’s Who in Infection Prevention, Infection Control Today Magazine-2013
Top Nurse for Atlanta, Georgia, International Nursing Association-2012
Association for Vascular Access Suzanne Herbst Vascular Access Award Nominee-2012
Greater Atlanta Chapter of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology Member of the Year-2011
Association for Vascular Access Suzanne Herbst Vascular Access Award 2010 Nominee-2010
Presidential Award and Citation, Society for Critical Care Medicine -2010
Empire’s Who’s Who Among Executives in Healthcare and Nursing-2009
DeKalb County Board of Health Medical Reserve Corp’s Volunteer Award-2007
Leah Klusch, BSN, RN, FACHC
Lorelei Schmidt, MT, ASCP
Lorelei Schmidt is the Director of Training for TridentUSA Health Services. Lorelei has a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology and is a Certified Medical Technologist by the American Society for Clinical Pathology. With her previous experience working in acute-care medical laboratories, including Microbiology, Hematology, Chemistry, Transfusion Medicine, and Immunology departments, Lorelei has been providing Infection Control and Laboratory education to Skilled Nursing Facilities and Home Health Companies for over 15 years. In her current position, Lorelei provides on-going clinical training to her company’s Account Management and Sales Associate teams including MobilexUSA, US Laboratories, and Diagnostic Laboratories and Radiology. In addition, she engages with various post-acute health care associations and organizations throughout the country, with a focus on driving collaborative efforts between post-acute health care providers and diagnostic service providers, as a means of reducing avoidable acute transfers and hospital re-admissions, leading to improved clinical, financial and patient-satisfaction outcomes.
Louann Lawson, BA, RN, RAC-CT, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, CIMT
Pathway Health Services
2025 4th Street
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Summary of Qualifications
With nearly 40 years of long term and acute care experience, Louann has been an active member in the health continuum. As a registered nurse, Louann has held multiple clinical and leadership positions that provide her with extensive experience to support and to grow clinical teams. As a Pathway Health consultant, Louann is an educator who has successfully trained hundreds of professionals regarding MDS/Medicare/Medicaid processes, clinical quality initiatives, and reimbursement protocols. She conducts comprehensive survey and reimbursement audits as well as directed plans of correction. She also serves as an Interim MDS Coordinator and DON. Louann has spoken across the nation for multiple organizations and takes it upon herself to be an active member of the healthcare community. She is currently the Clinical Reimbursement Team Leader for Pathway Health.
- Interim MDS
- Interim DON
- MDS Process Review
- Medicare Review
- RAC Review
- RUG Analysis
- Survey Recovery
- Fall Prevention
- Culture Change Initiatives
- Dementia Care Practices
- Diploma in Nursing, Ohio Valley Hospital School of Nursing, Steubenville, OH
- B.A. magna cum laude Biology, College of Steubenville, Steubenville, OH
- Graduate Study with research emphasis in human respiratory physiology, Miami University, Oxford, OH
- RN Licensure in Ohio, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin (Compact)
- Certified Trainer Resident Assessment Coordinator by American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
- Certified INTERACT™ 4.0 Master Trainer
Marijo has been a registered nurse for 25 years. She received her Bachelors in nursing degree from Ferris State University. She has her certification in Nephrology Nursing. Marijo has ten years if experience in dialysis nursing. Her experience includes direct patient care, leadership and education. She has provided services to both in center dialysis patients as well as home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. In addition to her dialysis experience, she has 5 years of experience in long term care nursing. In long term care, she worked as an MDS assessment coordinator, Assistant Director of Nursing and Director of nursing. Marijo has a passion for quality care of the geriatric patient and holds a special interest for those people who require dialysis services and reside in long term care. Marijo currently works for Fresenius Kidney Care as a home dialysis nurse.
Michael Bobbitt MSN, RN, CDON, FADONA
El Centro College, Dallas, TX
University of Phoenix, Phoenix Arizona, MSN, 2013
Wharton County Junior College, Wharton, Texas, ADN, Nursing, 1991
Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas, BS, Marketing/Business, 1986
Angelina College, Lufkin, Texas, AS, Business, 1981
El Centro, Dallas, TX Lecturer/Clinical Advisor
Hiring the Right Staff to Deliver Excellence–2011
The Senior Source – Dallas, TX
CDONA – Certified Director of Nursing– 2011
Circle of Excellence Award – National Association Directors of Nursing Administration (NADONA) – 2012
President – Texas NADONA Chapter, 2012 to present
Caring for LGBT patients entering Long-Term Care – 2012
National NADONA Conference – Orlando, FL.
Nurse Administrator of the Year – Southwest Region – NADONA – 2013
Certified Dementia Practitioner – National Counsel of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP) – 2013
Certified Dementia Practitioner Trainer – NCCDP – 2013
Named “Excellence in Nursing” award winner – D Magazine – Dallas, TX – 2014
Inducted into the Academy of Fellows – NADONA – FADONA, 2014
Named “Spirit of the Conference” NADONA, Anaheim, CA, 2014
Managing Expectations to Deliver Excellence – 2015
TxADONA Conference, San Marcos, TX
Joint Commission – appointed to service on PTAC, 2016
Stacey Starling PhD
Starling Center for Organizational Development
215½ S. Main Street Ste.C
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
The California Institute of Integral Studies,
San Francisco, CA
Ph.D., Humanities with a Concentration in Transformative Learning and Change (2012).
Rochester Hills, MI M.T.D.,
Department of Education,
Masters in Training and Development (2000)
Eastern Michigan University,
B.B.A., Bachelor of Business Administration (1988)
Case Western Reserve University,
The Weatherhead School of Management,
Appreciative Inquiry Certificatein Positive Businessand Societal Change(2007)
Certified Instructor (2002)
Summary of Qualifications:
Ms. LaGrange’s 25+ years of experience includes a diverse range of positions such as Director of Nursing, Administrator, and Consultant. Her successful career includes extensive leadership roles in which her knowledge and expertise have assisted organizations in regulatory, clinical and operational turn-a-rounds. In her past 15+ years as a Consultant with Pathway Health Services, she has assisted quality improvements in a multitude of organizations and has become a nationally renowned trainer in Restorative Nursing. In addition to her extensive nursing administrative background, Susan is a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator. Her ability to work with employees at all levels of an organization is evident in all that she does. Ms. LaGrange is a past President of the Wisconsin Director of Nursing Council and has had experience speaking at multiple long term care professional organization conferences. Ms. LaGrange is also a Certified INTERACT Champion Master Trainer.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Restorative Nursing Program Review
- Documentation Management
- Survey Preparation
- Performance Improvement
- Clinical Operations
- Chronic Disease Management
- Leadership Development
- Marian College, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- University of Wisconsin, Nursing Home Administrator
- Registered Nurse, licensed in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Nursing Home Administrator, licensed in Wisconsin
- Restorative Certification Course Approved Trainer
- Certified INTERACT 4.0 Master Trainer
- Certified Director of Nursing in Long Term Care (NADONA)
- Fellow in the Academy of Certified Directors of Nursing Administration (NADONA/LTC)
TERESA REMY, D.Sc., MHA, LHNA, BSN, RN, RAC-CT
153 Locust Street
Jackson, Ohio 45640
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EXECUTIVE –LEVEL HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATOR
• More than 35 years’ experience in healthcare setting.
• More than 25 years in Executive Leadership positions.
• Describes leadership style as someone who sets measurable, attainable goals and holds others and herself accountable.
• Viewed by others as a credible leader who cares about quality, patient outcomes, the provider and the bottom line.
• Visible Leader; Seeks opportunities to mentor future leaders, recognizes high performers and builds on individuals strengths.
• Adept at identifying and/or creating opportunities for growth based upon demands of competitive marketplace.
• Exceptional teambuilding skills engage all stakeholders to elevate morale of associated organizations and community as a whole.
• Ability to plan and execute progressive programs via understanding of multiple vantage points within the healthcare system, government and public sectors.
• Financially savvy; manages productivity while maintaining or enhancing quality of care. Experienced in for profit and not-for-profit environments monitoring drivers of organizational performance.
• Impressive reputation for turning around “troubled” operations.
• Record of creating, implementing, and maintaining established goals and protocols for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory standards and supports maintaining a continued state of readiness.
• Public speaking and presenter.
• Served on various local, state and national boards and committees.
• A leader who is passionate about making a difference.
EDUCATION AND LICENSE
• Executive Doctorate in Administration- Health Services, University of Alabama at Birmingham, December 2013.
• Masters in Health Administration, Ohio University, June 1996.
• Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, October 1996.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Ohio University, June 1989.
• Associate Degree in Nursing, Hocking College, June 1985
Registered Nurse License, November 1985.
• Licensed Practical Nurse, Hocking College, September 1983
In 2013 Bill Vaughan joined Remedi SeniorCare after a 26 year career with Maryland’s state survey agency. Bill was a CMS certified health facility surveyor who evaluated the care delivered in Maryland’s nursing homes for 14 years. In 2001 he became Chief Nurse of Maryland’s Office of Health Care Quality and was responsible for the clinical oversight of the agency’s approximately 120 surveyors. After earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Maryland at Baltimore in 1982, Bill gained clinical experience at The Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland Hospitals. He has taught pharmacy and nursing students at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, the University of Maryland School of Nursing and Towson University. Bill speaks nationally on the regulation of healthcare facilities and was on CMS expert panels which developed guidance to surveyors on pain management and end of life care. He is currently a contractor to CMS developing training and changes to the State Operations Manual related to quality assurance / performance improvement (QAPI) and is a member of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices’ Clinical Advisory Board for their LTC newsletter.